SIU-ICCR Joint Scholarship
What is the SIU–ICCR joint scholarship?
A joint scholarship program between Symbiosis International (Deemed University) and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), which offers an opportunity to foreign students from developing nations to pursue higher education in a world class university in India
What does SIU–ICCR joint Scholarship cover?
SIU–ICCR Joint Scholarship is awarded to an undergraduate and a postgraduate student for a full time program conducted by any of the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University). The scholarship covers full tuition/ academic fee waiver and accommodation and food stipend as per SIU-ICCR norms. The average value of the scholarship depends on the program undertaken by the student at the Institute.
Who is eligible to apply for SIU–ICCR Joint Scholarship?
SIU–ICCR Joint Scholarship is only for 'Foreign Nationals' of developing countries (Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders are not eligible to apply for this scholarship).
Number of Scholarships
Undergraduate Program – 01
Postgraduate Program – 01
Deserving foreign national students from developing countries are eligible to apply. The student must have the final result of the last qualifying examination at the time of applying for the scholarship.
The student must:
- Hold a valid foreign passport
- Have obtained more than 75% as a qualifying grade in 12th Std. (in case of Undergraduate programs) and 60% as a qualifying grade in Graduation (in case of Postgraduate programs).
- Have appeared for an English Proficiency Test conducted by British Council (IELTS) and the minimum score required is Band 6.
Fulfill the specific eligibility criteria (if any) of the program applied for.
Please log on to
in case of Undergraduate programs
in case of Postgraduate programs
The following criteria will be applicable for evaluating application:
- Academic Transcripts to support the record of sustained academic excellence.
- Statement of Purpose: A description of yourself, highlighting personal qualities, assets and liabilities that you feel will influence your education. Describe what you feel is your most important professional / academic achievement till date. Your goals & objectives of studying at Symbiosis International (Deemed University). How the University will benefit to have you as a student? (Word Limit 1000 words)
- Two Letters of Recommendation: The letter must be written by a teacher/ Principal who knows the student for a period of at least two years. The letter must mention the capacity and the duration in which he/she has known the student. The letter should attest the student's character, capabilities and the track record of achievements and excellence through leadership roles. The recommendation has to be on the School / College/ Institute letter head and duly signed along with the official stamp and seal of the School/ College/ Institute.
- Specific Eligibility Criteria: Students must verify the specific eligibility for a program for which he/she is applying including English language requirement.
A selection committee will be constituted by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) for the selection of the candidates. Scholarship applications must be sent to Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) at the address given below:
International Admissions & Student Care Services
Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE)
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune – 411 004, Maharashtra, India
+91-20-25671905 Fax :
Website : www.scie.ac.in
SIU-ICCR Joint Scholarships awarded